FC Bayern served their fans a solid 5-0 win at the Allianz Arena today. The main headline is not the score, but the confidence gain that this game can provide to the red men from Munich.
– The passing game was good and FCB fought for every ball. Inspiration and confidence were there today. That is an important part of building a powerhouse.
– Keep in mind that Hamburg’s defense is weak. There was no confidence on their side today. Die Roten had plenty of space and time to maneuver. Being unchallenged is highly unusual.
– Thomas Müller missed three chances that a player of his skill usually buries. Clearly, it will take time to decide who should be playmaker.
– Once again, Ivica Olic had an immediate impact when he was brought on. He will have to start games at some point.
– Tymoshchuk or Gustavo? The Ukrainian was given a start today and he played very well. He recuperated many balls and launched a few attacks. I still like his style of play and he is more experienced than Gustavo.
1:0 Robben finds Van Buyten on a free kick from the right wing (13′), and the huge Belgian won’t miss such a header.
2:0 Taking a long pass on a quickly taken throw-in, Ribéry finds himself all alone on the left, in the box, putting it past Drobny (17′).
3:0 Robben beats three defenders and chips the ball over the keeper (34′)
4:0 Gomez shakes off his bad luck, threading the needle from a narrow angle on the right of the goal (56′)
5:0 Ivica Olic is limping, but he scored a close header, taking Badstuber’s header pass in the box (80′)
Aogo (7′), Westermann (32′), Mancienne (37′), Jansen (56′), Rafinha (70′)
Bayern lineup: Neuer – Rafinha, Van Buyten, Badstuber, Lahm – Tymoschuk, Schweinsteiger – Robben (Alaba 66′), Müller, Ribéry (Olic 71′) – Gomez (Petersen 76′)
Bayern bench: Alaba, Gustavo, Butt, Olic, Boateng, Petersen
Hamburg lineup: Drobny – Diekeimer, Bruma, Mancienne, Aogo – Rincon, Jarolim, Westermann, Jansen – Töre, Min Son